With PayPal, you can use one of the following payment methods:
- Your bank account
- Your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card
- If you have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account, you can also use your balance.
Select and change your preferred way to pay online
You can select and change your preferred way to pay online whenever you want. Here’s how:
- Click Wallet.
- Under Payment Methods, click the payment method you would like to make your preferred payment method.
- Click Set as preferred.
Changing your preferred payment method will not affect billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments. You can update your payment preference on billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments at any time in your account.
How do I send payments using PayPal?
You can add a debit or credit card, and send payments for your purchases to the recipient’s email address or via PayPal.Me. (Note: Personal payments to friends and family isn’t supported in your PayPal India account.)
To send money from your PayPal app:
- Tap Send.
- Enter the name, email or mobile number of the recipient and tap Next.
- Type the amount you’re sending and tap Next.
- Choose your preferred payment method and tap Next.
- Review the information and tap Send
Pay using recipient’s email address:
- Go to Send and request.
- Click Pay for goods or services.
- Enter the recipient’s email address, and click Nex
- Enter the amount you want to send, select the currency, and add a message to your recipient (optional).
- Select your shipping address, and click Continue.
- Review your payment information and click Send Payments Now.
On the payment page, your payment will be set in the default currency of your recipient’s country or region. If you have an agreement with the recipient, you’re able to change it to other currency.
After the payment is sent, your recipient will receive a notification email. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they can follow the instructions in the email to sign up for an account and accept your payment.
Pay with PayPal.Me
You can also try PayPal.Me, our new, hassle-free way to pay and get paid. If the person you’re paying has a PayPal.Me link, they can share the link with you and let you pay them easily through PayPal. Learn more about how PayPal.Me works.
Useful tip: Preferred way to pay
You can select a debit or credit card as your preferred funding source, and we’ll use it when you shop online or send a payment for goods or services.
To set your preference:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Change next to “Online purchases”.
- Select your preferred card, and click Confirm.
Watch this video to see how to shop online and check out with your PayPal account.